We, at Ondeck Antigua, in partnership with the Royal Yachting Association, are excited to offer you the chance to study and qualify for some of our most popular courses right from your own home.
Currently we can offer the Essential Navigation and Seamanship course, Professional Practices and Responsibilities (PPR) and Marine Radio Short Range Certificate Course.
To join The Ondeck Interactive courses, click on the link below.
Once you have entered the RYA Interactive site and are a first time user, create an account and select Ondeck Antigua as the training centre. For all future visits you will use your own personal login.
The Essential Navigation and Seamanship Course is an inspiring classroom and online course
for anyone interested in sailing, motor boating, sea angling or diving - or pretty much
anything else on the water. This course will give you the essential knowledge needed when
you're afloat, from navigation to safety and seamanship to passage planning.
The PPR course is for skippers and crew using RYA qualifications to allow them to work commercially. As such, it is written mainly from the point of view of UK legislation and concentrates on your place in the international maritime environment as a UK certificate holder. However, it also explains the need to look beyond UK rules and regulations and take into consideration the requirements of the flag and port state.
Teaching scenarios throughout the course are based on a variety of boats, both sail and power. It may be that you have experience on none of the boats used, but that will not affect your ability to do the course as no specialist knowledge of any type of vessel is required – the same rules and regulations apply regardless of your type of boat or operation.
The Short Range Certificate is the minimum qualification required by law to control the operation of VHF and VHF Digital Selective Calling equipment on vessels fitted with a radio. This course covers all radion procedures from routine calls to urgency and distress andincludes an explanation of the Global Maritime Distress and safety System.
Students are invited to watch this video for full details of how the course is delivered.
Top 10 reasons to take the online course
1. Flexibility - anytime, anywhere, at your own speed
2. Suitable for all - new crews through to budding skippers
3. Safety Essentials - all the essential knowledge for going afloat
4. Simplicity - easy to use, interactive and full of great graphics
5. Supporting your knowledge - an ideal accompaniment to your practical course
6. Complements other courses - a great starting point before more advanced courses
7. Real skills - use real skills alongside online technology
8. Best advice - written by top RYA instructors, created by award winning designers
9. Learn it, try it, test it - practice what you've learnt before taking the test
10. Be part of it - the RYA's 1st fully interactive online course